Fundraiser for RDJ Refugee Shelter
Wednesday, May 1 from 6-8 pm, R.S.V.P to get Location
Join us at this lovely wine & cheese reception, generously hosted at the home of Advisory Board member Kevin Jennings. This event is donation-based, ticket sales start at $70. 100% of donations will go directly towards RDJ and our guests. To register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reception-to-support-rdj-refugee-shelter-tickets-57724451388
Spring Cleaning Yard Sale by St. Mary’s Thrift Shop
Saturday, May 11 from 12-5 pm at St. Mary’s
Shop for a great cause this Spring! We will have baby, children and adult clothing; shoes; sweaters; belts; jackets; suits and ties; dresses and skirts; houseware; and toys for sale.
We also welcome volunteers to assist our Thrift Shop Keeper, Jenny, on the day of.
Mother’s Day at St. Mary’s
Sunday, May 12 at the 10:30 am Worship Service
Join us on Mother’s Day for a special service dedicated to all Mothers.
Garden Work Day
Saturday, May 18 from 1-3 pm at St. Mary’s
Join a team from Episcopal Charities as we prepare our vegetable beds for this growing season: distributing compost, weeding, planting, watering and sweeping.
✠ We ask your Prayers for ✠
The Missions endorsed by St. Mary’s Vestry:
The Black Lives Matter Movement (https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/)
Jubilee USA (http://www.jubileeusa.org/)
The New Sanctuary Movement (http://www.newsanctuarynyc.org/)
Our Partners: Unity Fellowship Church, NYC; NYC Adventist Forum; Pamsula Zen; Alanon; Alcoholics Anonymous; Columbia Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership (CHHMP); the Episcopal Churches in Harlem (MNIPC); Narcotics Anonymous; Circles of Support/Network; St. Mary’s Center; Urban Qi; Master Anthony Richardson Martial Arts; Forces of Nature Dance Theatre.
Our Neighbors: 26th Precinct, Eglise de Dieu, Emergency Services, Manhattan North Task Force,
Old Broadway Family Residence, Old Broadway Synagogue, Templo Biblico.
Everyone who comes to St. Mary’s throughout the week,
and anyone who is not able to be with us.
And for the broader church:
The Diocese of New York (https://www.dioceseny.org/ ) | The Episcopal Church (https://www.episcopalchurch.org/) | The Anglican Communion (http://www.anglicancommunion.org/)
✠ Prayer Requests for Health & Healing✠
Carlos Arias, Freddi Brown-Carter, Jim Butler, Uncle Billy, Edna Estime & Family, Shirrell and Tyrone Felder, Natalie Floyd, Samuel Franklin, Rachel & Jessica & Becky & Vivian Furer, Eva Greene & Family, Elnora Harewood, Junie Harewood, Gail Harper, Anthony Howell, Ana Jimenez & family, Zaiire King, Joseph Lorde, Desiree Manaiza, Jerry McMillan, Aidan Moctar, Joseph Munzer, Miguel & Liz & Dasanie Nieves, Wilfrido Peralta and Carmen de Peralta, Pat Puccio, Kym Roberts, Lizetta Sanjuago, Thomas Sayee, Effie Scott, Marion Smith, Philindia Smith, John Raymond Smith, Kimberly Snyder, Lisa Valerio, Marsha Williams, Arthur Williams III, Meilai & Michelle Wong.
+ + +
If you have any information to share with St. Mary’s church, please send it to email@example.com.
by Wednesday at 5 pm of each week to be placed in the weekly bulletin.
To reach the Rector: please call 929-266-6279 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
✠ Regular Happenings at St. Mary’s Church! ✠
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings 1st Sunday of each month.
- Spirit and Strife Peer Support Group 1st Sunday of each month at 12:30 pm in the rectory – Come share your burdens and joys in this prayerful circle of support. New members always welcome.
- Women’s Prayer Group 2nd Sundays of each month at 12:30 pm – All women are invited to this discussion and prayer time.
- Healing Prayers 3rd Sundays of each month: laying on of hands/ prayer offered at the 8 & 10:30 services.
- Wisdom Circle 3rd Sundays in the Rectory Common Room at 12:30 pm. Next Circle:
- 4th Sunday Potluck Bring a dish to share following 10:30am worship. April 28!
- The Vestry Fourth Sundays of every month at 12:30 pm. The Vestry is the governing board of St. Mary’s. All are invited. Next meeting: TODAY April 28.
- Unity Fellowship Church of New York Sundays at 2:00pm. Led by the Rev. Deborah Rice. Sr. Bishop Zachary Jones.
- Martial Arts for Children and Adults Sundays starting at 3 pm. Led by Master Anthony Richards.
Contact the Parish Office for more information.
- Narcotics Anonymous (We Have a Dream) Sundays at 7:30 pm
- RDJ Memorial Refugee Shelter – every night!
The Refugee Shelter at St. Mary’s is always looking for volunteers for overnight shifts and more. This is a great opportunity to support immigrants and refugees in New York City. Please contact email@example.com.
- Ecclesia Service & Meal 1st Sundays at 2:00 p.m. in Marcus Garvey Park, volunteers always needed to help prepare and serve the “Second Meal” following the service.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Mondays at 12pm in the Parish Hall.
- St. Mary’s Food Pantry Mondays at 4 pm grocery-style shopping choices available for all neighbors. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pamsula Zen Meditation Mondays at 6:00 pm in the rectory (6:00 Beginning Instruction, 6:30 Meditation, 7:00 Meditation, 7:30 Talk, Discussion Q&A)
- Columbia-Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm; free medical clinic with dental consults 1st& 3rd Tuesdays, psychiatry 1st Tuesdays, occupational therapy 2nd& 4th Tuesdays. No ID required.
- Refugee Arts Workshop Tuesdays at 7:15pm in the Parish Hall. For more information contact Lysander Puccio.
- Urban Qi Every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:30 am at St. Nicholas Park @135th Street. Inclement weather–meet in the Undercroft. ( Tai Chi and Qi Gong classes, free for St. Mary’s members)
- St. Mary’s Choir Every Wednesday at 6 pm—no audition required, newcomers welcome!
- Narcotics Anonymous (Men Supporting Men) Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
- Miriam, Mark, Muhammad and Marx meets the last Sunday of each month for interfaith justice and peace activism and community. On second Thursdays, our agenda is hands-on work. We gather at 6:30PM to share food, experiences, feelings, followed by strategies for advancing the struggle. For information call Jim White at 201-956-5356. Next meeting: May 30.
- Narcotics Anonymous (Convent Ave Group) Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Alanon (Harlem Harmony) Every Friday at 11 am.
- Free Friday Movie Night! every Friday at 6:00 pm. May 3: The Mask of Zorro (1998, pg-13, action comedy, 2h16min), a young revenge-seeking thief is trained by the once great Zorro. +Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones. OPEN MIC 5:30-6:00PM!
- Saturday Mobile Soup Kitchen every Saturday beginning at 12 noon. Help prepare sandwiches and lunch bags and then distribute them to our neighbors on the street.
- Metro New York Adventist Forum Led by Ms. Janet Schultz. Adventist Forum gathers on the second Saturday of the month (please check for specific dates).
- St. Mary’s Thrift Shop: Fridays 2-5, Saturdays 12-5, Sundays 12-3. All proceeds support St. Mary’s Episcopal Church and its mission to serve homeless and hungry people. Los ingress apoyan la Iglesia Episcopal de Santa Maria y su misión de servir a las personas sin hogar y hambrientos de Harlem.