Welcome to our guest musician today, Ly Apelado!
Janet Dorman is on vacation.
The Parish Office will be CLOSED on Monday, May 27
in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday; the Food Pantry will be open!
Thrift Shop: Not accepting donations
Please note that the thrift shop is currently not accepting any donations.
Coffee Hour Hosting!
Thank you to the following groups for providing the nourishment for coffee hour. If you would like to sign up, please talk with Lisa Slocum or contact the Parish Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 26 – Potluck
June 2 – Living Change Fellowship
June 9 – Altar Servers
June 16 – ?
A Call for Prayer: Anti Violence March on Sat., June 15th
Prayer changes things. Harlem march and interfaith prayer service to end violent loss in our community. To march, please join us at 8:45AM leaving at 11:30am at Church of St. Joseph of the Holy Family, 405 West 125th St. and Morningside Avenue.
GOD’s PRIDE – An Episcopal Pride-full Month
St. Mary’s, RDJ Shelter, and Arts Refugee Workshop are sponsoring God’s Pride a special collaboration for LGBTQ+ Pride month between the Church of St. Matthew and St. Timothy, Episcopal Church Foundation, St. Batholomew’s Church, Holyrood Church, St. Mark’s-in-the-Bowery, Unity Fellowship of Christ Church-NYC. For more information visit: http://www.smstchurch.org/gods-pride
- May 29: Vigilia por … Justicia
3pm at Holyrood Episcopal Church/Iglesia Santa Cruz, 715 W 179th St.
A vigil for trans people who have died in detention, especially for the most recent victim Roxsana Hernandez.
- June 8: God’s Pride: An Evensong and Art Exhibit Reception
5pm at St. Matthew and St. Timothy, 26 West 84th St.
With testimonies by: Tomas Amador, Deacon Luis Rivera-Rivera & Richard Johnson. Special music offering by: the SMST Choir and the Unity Fellowship Christ Church-NYC Choir. Art by: Local BIPOC-LGBT+ young artists.
- June 12: The Gifts of Trans/Queer Leadership: Discipleship from the Margins
Tune in at 6pm for a webinar by Episcopal Church Foundation featuring Trans and Queer faith leaders Atticus Zavaletta and Davíd Patiño.
- June 22: God’s Pride: Sip’ & Soc’ | A Young Adult Evening Conversation
6pm Celebrate Pride with a Night of Young Adult Community Dialogue on Society, Identity & the Intersections of Gender, Sexuality, Race, and Spirituality. We’re Bringing Our Experiences, Thoughts, Feelings, and Questions to Light in Inclusivity. Exhibit Solo Walk Through 6-7pm; Discussion 7-10pm. Join Us!
✠ We ask your Prayers for ✠
The Missions endorsed by St. Mary’s Vestry:
The Black Lives Matter Movement (https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/)
Jubilee USA (http://www.jubileeusa.org/)
The New Sanctuary Movement (http://www.newsanctuarynyc.org/)
Our Partners: Unity Fellowship Church, NYC; NYC Adventist Forum; Pamsula Zen; Alanon; Alcoholics Anonymous; Columbia Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership (CHHMP); the Episcopal Churches in Harlem (MNIPC); Narcotics Anonymous; Circles of Support/Network; St. Mary’s Center; Urban Qi; Master Anthony Richardson Martial Arts; Forces of Nature Dance Theatre.
Our Neighbors: 26th Precinct, Eglise de Dieu, Emergency Services, Manhattan North Task Force, Old Broadway Family Residence, Old Broadway Synagogue, Templo Biblico.
Everyone who comes to St. Mary’s throughout the week,
and anyone who is not able to be with us.
And for the broader church: The Diocese of New York (https://www.dioceseny.org/ ) | The Episcopal Church (https://www.episcopalchurch.org/) | The Anglican Communion (http://www.anglicancommunion.org/)
✠ Prayer Requests for Health & Healing✠
Syida Adam, Carlos Arias, Jennifer Balsdon, Freddi Brown-Carter, Jim Butler, Uncle Billy, Desiree, Edna Estime & Family, Shirrell and Tyrone Felder, Natalie Floyd, Samuel Franklin, Rachel & Jessica & Becky & Vivian Furer, Claudia Giles, Eva Greene & Family, Khadijah Harden & Family (that they might find an apartment), Elnora Harewood, Junie Harewood, Gail Harper, Jamaree Harrigan, Anthony Howell, Ana Jimenez & family, Zaiire King, Joseph Lorde, Desiree Manaiza, Courtney Maine, Roy Matney, Jerry McMillan, Aidan Moctar, Joseph Munzer, Miguel & Liz & Dasanie Nieves, Sheila Patterson, Wilfrido Peralta and Carmen de Peralta, Pat Puccio, Kym Roberts, Lizetta Sanjuago, Thomas Sayee, Effie Scott, Marion Smith, Philindia Smith, John Raymond Smith, Kimberly Snyder, Lisa Valerio, Marsha Williams, Arthur Williams III, Meilai & Michelle Wong.
+ + +
If you have any information to share with St. Mary’s church, please send it to email@example.com.
by Wednesday at 5 pm of each week to be placed in the weekly bulletin.
To reach the Rector: please call 929-266-6279 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
✠ Regular Happenings at St. Mary’s Church! ✠
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings 1st Sunday of each month.
- Spirit and Strife Peer Support Group 1st Sunday of each month at 12:30 pm in the rectory – Come share your burdens and joys in this prayerful circle of support. New members always welcome.
- Women’s Prayer Group 2nd Sundays of each month at 12:30 pm – All women are invited to this discussion and prayer time.
- Healing Prayers 3rd Sundays of each month: laying on of hands/ prayer offered at the 8 & 10:30 services.
- Wisdom Circle 3rd Sundays in the Rectory Common Room at 12:30 pm. Next Circle:
- 4th Sunday Potluck Bring a dish to share following 10:30am worship. Sunday, May 26!
- The Vestry Fourth Sundays of every month at 12:30 pm. The Vestry is the governing board of St. Mary’s. All are invited. Next meeting: Sunday, June 23.
- Unity Fellowship Church of New York Sundays at 2:00pm. Led by the Rev. Deborah Rice. Sr. Bishop Zachary Jones.
- Martial Arts for Children and Adults Sundays starting at 3 pm. Led by Master Anthony Richards.
- Narcotics Anonymous (We Have a Dream) Sundays at 7:30 pm
- RDJ Memorial Refugee Shelter – every night!
The Refugee Shelter at St. Mary’s is always looking for volunteers for overnight shifts and more. This is a great opportunity to support immigrants and refugees in New York City. Please contact email@example.com.
- Ecclesia Service & Meal 1st Sundays at 2:00 p.m. in Marcus Garvey Park, volunteers always needed to help prepare and serve the “Second Meal” following the service.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Mondays at 12pm in the Parish Hall.
- St. Mary’s Food Pantry Mondays at 4 pm grocery-style shopping choices available for all neighbors. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pamsula Zen Meditation Mondays at 6:00 pm in the rectory (6:00 Beginning Instruction, 6:30 Meditation, 7:00 Meditation, 7:30 Talk, Discussion Q&A)
- Columbia-Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm; free medical clinic with dental consults 1st& 3rd Tuesdays, psychiatry 1st Tuesdays, occupational therapy 2nd& 4th Tuesdays. No ID required.
- Refugee Arts Workshop Tuesdays at 7:15pm in the Parish Hall. For more information contact Lysander Puccio.
- Urban Qi Every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:30 am at St. Nicholas Park @135th Street. Inclement weather–meet in the Undercroft. ( Tai Chi and Qi Gong classes, free for St. Mary’s members)
- St. Mary’s Choir Every Wednesday at 6 pm—no audition required, newcomers welcome!
- Narcotics Anonymous (Men Supporting Men) Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
- Miriam, Mark, Muhammad and Marx meets the last Sunday of each month for interfaith justice and peace activism and community. On second Thursdays, our agenda is hands-on work. We gather at 6:30PM to share food, experiences, feelings, followed by strategies for advancing the struggle. For information call Jim White at 201-956-5356. Next meeting: May 30.
- Narcotics Anonymous (Convent Ave Group) Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Alanon (Harlem Harmony) Every Friday at 11 am.
- Free Friday Movie Night! every Friday at 6:00 pm. May 31: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018, pg, animated action, 1h57min), teen becomes Spider-Man of his reality, crossing paths with his counterparts from other dimensions to stop a threat.
- Saturday Mobile Soup Kitchen every Saturday starting at 12 noon. Help prepare sandwiches and lunch bags and then distribute them to our neighbors on the street.
- Metro New York Adventist Forum Led by Ms. Janet Schultz. Adventist Forum gathers on the second Saturday of the month (please check for specific dates).
- St. Mary’s Thrift Shop: Fridays 2-5, Saturdays 12-5, Sundays 12-3. All proceeds support St. Mary’s Episcopal Church and its mission to serve homeless and hungry people. Los ingress apoyan la Iglesia Episcopal de Santa Maria y su misión de servir a las personas sin hogar y hambrientos de Harlem.