✠ Church Announcements ✠
Wednesday, February 26 at 7:30 am, 12 noon, 6:30 pm
Three Eucharists accompanied by the imposition of ashes.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me….Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.” Psalm 51:10, 12
Your Help is Needed: LENT! Clean Up! Lenten Supper!
February 29 – 3-5 pm soup from 5-6 ; March 7 – 3-5 pm soup from 5-6m ; March 14 – 3-5 pm soup from 5-6.
We are int process of organizing a few clean up sessions during the Lenten Season, and St. Mary’s is scheduled for hosting a Lenten Service & Supper. Would you be able to help us get ready? If you feel inspired (even a little), please sign up to coordinate (when people arrive, welcome, and help match tasks and skills) and/or bring soup and bread.
NEXT SUNDAY: March 1 at 12 pm at the Undercroft
Join us for St. Mary’s Annual Meeting!
Join us for a light lunch to celebrate St. Mary’s accomplishments, vote in new Vestry members, hear parish reports, and share in community!
SAVE THE DATES
- Saturday, March 21 at 4 pm: Harlem Chamber Players Concert with Opus 118 Harlem School of Music
- Wednesday, March 25: Lenten Service & Supper for Manhattan North IPC
- Saturday, April 4 at 3 pm: Memorial Service for Evelyn (Evie) Fortna
Evensong and Welcoming of the Anglican & Episcopal Delegates to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
Sunday, March 15 at 4 pm (at the Cathedral)
Please pray for 64th session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW), taking place in New York City March 9-20, 2020. Since 1946, the UNCSW has convened annually to promote women’s and girls’ rights in political, economic, civil, social, and educational fields, and to make policy recommendations to the member nations. This year, the UNCSW gathering will observe the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, adopted by the Fourth World Conference on Women and considered the most progressive blueprint ever for advancing women’s rights.
✠ We ask your Prayers for ✠
The Missions endorsed by St. Mary’s Vestry: The Black Lives Matter Movement (https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/) • Jubilee USA (http://www.jubileeusa.org/) • The New Sanctuary Movement (http://www.newsanctuarynyc.org/).
Our Partners: Unity Fellowship Church, NYC; NYC Adventist Forum; Pamsula Zen; Alanon; Alcoholics Anonymous; Columbia Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership (CHHMP); the Episcopal Churches in Harlem (MNIPC); Narcotics Anonymous; Circles of Support/Network; St. Mary’s Center; Urban Qi; Master Anthony Richardson Martial Arts; Forces of Nature Dance Theatre, San Marco Anglican Church, Nicaragua.
Our Neighbors: 26th Precinct, Eglise de Dieu, Emergency Services, Manhattan North Task Force, Old Broadway Family Residence, Old Broadway Synagogue, Templo Biblico. Everyone who comes to St. Mary’s throughout the week, and anyone who is not able to be with us.
✠ Prayer Requests for Health & Healing✠
Ayse Gul Altinay, Michelle Atkins, Freddi Brown-Carter, Donna Butler, Victoria Dove, Gloria Ellis-Smith, Edna Estime & Family, Furer family, Eva Greene & Family, Asha Hans, Kate + family, Gail Harper, William & Betty Jean Hill, Ivory Johnson, Camilo Lopez, Lisa Rivers Mazza, Davíd Patiño, Bonnie Phelps, Pat Puccio, William Randolph, Kym Roberts, Talia Romano, Mia Sanchez, Effie Scott, Marilyn Seven, John Raymond Smith, Marion Smith, Jennifer Garamedia Turcio, Gwen Walker, Marsha Williams and family, Sarah Eigerman, Richard Walters.
+ + +
If you have any information to share with St. Mary’s church, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 pm of each week to be placed in the weekly bulletin. To reach the Rector: email@example.com or 929-266-6279.
✠ REGULAR HAPPENINGS AT ST. MARY’S CHURCH! ✠
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings 1st Sunday of each month. Sunday, March 1!
- Spirit and Strife Peer Support Group 1st Sunday of each month at 12:30 pm in the rectory – Come share your burdens and joys in this prayerful circle of support. New members always welcome. Sunday, March 1!
- Women’s Prayer Group 2nd Sundays of each month at 12:30 pm – All women are invited to this discussion and prayer time. Next: Sunday, March 8!
- Theology Night Join in the conversation with scripture and one another about God’s power with seminarian Ryan Felder. Sunday, March 8!
- Healing Prayers 3rd Sundays of each month: laying on of hands/ prayer offered at the 8 & 10:30 services. Sunday, March 15!
- Wisdom Circle 3rd Sundays in the Rectory Common Room at 12:30 pm. Next Circle: Sunday, March 15!
- 4th Sunday Potluck Bring a dish to share following 10:30am worship. TODAY: Sunday, February 23!
- The Vestry Fourth Sundays of every month at 12:30 pm. The Vestry is the governing board of St. Mary’s. All are invited. Next meeting: TODAY: Sunday, February 23!
- Ecclesia Service & Meal Sundays at 2:00 p.m. in Marcus Garvey Park, volunteers always needed.
- Unity Fellowship Church of New York Sundays at 1:30pm. Led by the Rev. Deborah Rice. Sr. Bishop Zachary Jones.
- Martial Arts for Children and Adults Sundays starting at 3 pm. Led by Master Anthony Richards.
- Narcotics Anonymous (We Have a Dream) Sundays at 7:30 pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous Mondays at 12pm in the Parish Hall.
- St. Mary’s Food Pantry Mondays at 4 pm grocery-style shopping choices available for all neighbors. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pamsula Zen Meditation Mondays at 6:00 pm in the rectory (6:00 Beginning Instruction, 6:30 Meditation, 7:00 Meditation, 7:30 Talk, Discussion Q&A)
- Columbia-Harlem Homeless Medical Partnership Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm; free medical clinic with dental consults 1st& 3rd Tuesdays, psychiatry 1st Tuesdays, occupational therapy 2nd& 4th Tuesdays. No ID required.
- Refugee Arts Workshop next meeting TBA
- Urban Qi FIT – Tai Chi/Qigong Every Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 10:00 am in the Undercroft (in summer/good weather meet at St. Nicholas Park, 135th & St. Nicholas Ave). Tai Chi and Qi Gong classes, free for St. Mary’s members. Follow them at www.twitter.com/UrbanQiFIT
- St. Mary’s Choir Every Wednesday at 6 pm—no audition required, newcomers welcome!
- Narcotics Anonymous (Men Supporting Men) Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
- Miriam, Mark, Muhammad and Marx (MMM&M) meets the second and last Thursdays of the month. We gather at 6:00PM for food and friendship and then engage in study and action planning, particularly to support the New Sanctuary movement and to stop NYPD from killing people in mental crisis For more information write Jim white email@example.com, or leave a message for him at the church office. Next meeting: Small Group on March 12 (6-8pm), Steering Committee at March 15 (3-5pm)
- Narcotics Anonymous (Convent Ave Group) Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Al-Anon (Harlem Harmony) Every Friday at 11 am.
- Free Friday Movie Night! every Friday at 6:00 pm. BBM feb 28: watermelon man (1970, r, 1h 40min, comedy) extremely bigoted white man finds out what it’s like to be black. w/ g. cambridge, dir. m. van peebles.
- Saturday Outreach/Mobile Soup Kitchen every Saturday starting at 12 noon. Help prepare sandwiches and lunch bags and then distribute them to our neighbors on the street.
- Metro New York Adventist Forum Led by Ms. Janet Schultz. Adventist Forum gathers on the second Saturday of the month (please check for specific dates).
Free Mail Pick-Up Monday – Friday, 10am-2pm. Use St. Mary’s as your mailing address. Sign up at the Church.
St. Mary’s Thrift Shop Fridays 2-5, Saturdays 12-5, Sundays 12-3. All proceeds support St. Mary’s Episcopal Church and its mission to serve homeless and hungry people. Los ingresos apoyan la Iglesia Episcopal de Santa Maria y su misión de servir a las personas sin hogar y hambrientos de Harlem.
RDJ Memorial Refugee Shelter Every night! The Refugee Shelter at St. Mary’s is always looking for volunteers for overnight shifts and more. This is a great opportunity to support immigrants and refugees in New York City. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forces of Nature Dance Theatre regular rehearsals, M-F, 6-10 pm. St. Mary’s members who wish to observe rehearsal are welcome.